GCC computer labs, also known as Computer Commons and specialized computer labs, are located on both campuses. Use your MEID and password to log in to these computers. All computer users must follow the Computer Lab Usage Guidelines and the Maricopa Technology Resource Standards.
Assistive technology is available in many of our computer labs. Students can find additional accommodations at the Disability Services & Resources office. For computer technology training contact the Center for Learning.
The Academic Solutions Center located in High Tech 2 offers two specialized tutoring areas:
The Writing Centers, tutoring areas which offer appointments for help with writing assignments, are now located in the Center for Learning building at GCC Main and the Instruction Building D at GCC North.
Most computers on campus are reserved for GCC students. However, some computers are available for campus visitors to use.
- Student Union: Has Apple Mac computers available for public use.
- Counseling and Career Services (CCS - Main): Workstations are available for students and visitors. Visit the CCS front desk to sign in or for assistance with these computers.
- Library Media Center (LMC - Main): Use the kiosks, located at the west end of the Library Media Center, to access the Library’s online resources.
- Enrollment Center (EC - Main): Kiosks are available for Enrollment Center purposes.
- Chinle Student Service Buildings (C- North): Kiosks are available for Enrollment Center purposes.
Open access to GCC technology resources is available to non-students for a $24 non-credit enrollment fee per semester. Contact the Help Desk for more information.
Computer Lab Usage Guidelines
- The Computer Labs are available for GCC student use. GCC coursework will take priority on these devices. You must be an active, registered student at GCC to use the Computer Labs. Computers may not be used for commercial or personal profit or gain. Do not share your username or password with anyone.
- To avoid liability issues and distractions to others, guests/visitors (including spouses and children) are not permitted in the HT Computer Labs. Children are permitted in the LMC Computer Lab, but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please set cell phones to vibrate and conduct calls outside the Computer Labs.
- Quiet please! Be considerate of other people.
- Beverages must be in spill-proof containers or bottles with lids. No food is permitted in the Computer Labs.
- Tobacco products of any kind are not permitted anywhere on campus.
- The Computer Labs operate under the MCCCD Technology Resource Standards.
- Students using the Computer Labs are subject to the United States Copyright Law of 1976 as amended (Title 17, U. S. Code, the "Copyright Act"), including compliance with software replication copyright restrictions.