Student Leadership Center
ASG serves the intellectual, moral, physical, and social interests of the student body; attempts to unify students, student clubs and campus personnel; promotes the rights of students and organizes social events, scholarships and other programs. All students enrolled in three or more credit hours are members of the Associated Student Government. For more information, please visit the Associated Student Government (ASG) page.
All information to be posted on the Glendale Community College campus must be approved by the Office of Student Life or the Student Leadership Center. For more information please view our GCC Publicity Regulations.
As a student senator, you will take on the challenging and fulfilling duty of addressing student issues, as well as legislating on behalf of your student constituency. As a voting member of the senate, you will provide for the welfare and betterment of all Maricopa students. In this leadership position, you make your voice heard by standing up for student rights.
The Maricopa Senate proudly provides this opportunity for the development of the leader in you.
The Selection Process is selective and requires the submission of an online application. Find out more about becoming a Maricopa Student Senator.
In addition to providing information for students and the community on basic needs, the Student Leadership Center houses the GCC Food Pantry which provides food and basic needs. For more information, please visit the GCC Food Pantry page.
To register to vote you must meet the following simple requirements:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a resident of Arizona and the county listed on your registration
- Be 18 years of age or older on or before the day of the next regular General Election
To register online please see the following instructions:
- If you have an Arizona Driver License and/or an Arizona non-operating I.D. card issued by the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) you may register to vote through Service Arizona EZ Voter Registration
- Visit Service Arizona website
- Select your language preference and click Continue, then click “Begin/Update Voter Registration”
- Verify your voter eligibility
- Enter your information in the required fields
- Verify address information
- You can now select your party preference
If you are having trouble logging in to the Service Arizona website, you can print off a Voter Registration Form and fill it out with your new information. After you finish, mail the completed form to your county recorder’s office and your information will be updated.
Not sure who to vote for or need to know about a candidate? Please visit this link: Check out the Campus Election Engagement Project’s non-partisan guides
Pre-registration for signature solicitation (petitions and voter registration) is required.
All representatives MUST check-in with a legal ID at the Student Leadership Center upon arriving on campus. You will be escorted off campus if you do not check-in or fail to pre-register.
Pre-register and review the rules under the "GCC Petitioner/Voter Registration Signature Solicitation On-site Process" FAQ tab in Facilities Use.