Let's get started!
With over 100 certificate and degree programs, plus affordable tuition, GCC is the perfect place for your academic journey. GCC offers Guided Pathways, which provides students with the opportunity to select a field of study and explore career options that match with their interests. Students get campus-wide support from peer mentor coaches, academic advisors, and faculty, as well as tutoring.
Use our Enrollment Steps Guide (English version | Spanish version) to track your progress. This guide can help remember where you left off in the enrollment steps.
There are four steps to Maricopa Community Colleges' enrollment process:
- Get Admitted
- Complete Tasks in Student Center
- Register for Classes
- Make Payment Arrangements
(Click on the + or the title to open each step below)
- If you are planning on pursuing a degree or certificate, please explore the options available to you. Not all degrees and certificates are offered at every college.
- Complete the admissions application.
- If you are new to Maricopa, please use the New Student Application
- If you have applied in the past or taken classes at any MCCCD school, please use the Returning Student Application.
- If you are taking classes while you are in high school, please complete the High School Students Application
- You will select your college and the degree or certificate you plan to pursue while completing the application. If you are not pursuing a certificate or degree and taking classes, you will only need to select your college of interest.
- Once you are admitted, you will need to set up Duo two-factor authentication to access Maricopa student systems. Two-factor authentication is a required security measure to protect your account, and needs to be established by you (the student) using your MEID@maricopa.edu email address and phone number. Go to: www.maricopa.edu/duo to learn how to get started and for more information on Duo security requirements.
- Provide proof of identification during the online application process. If you are unable to provide your ID via the admissions application, you can also submit it here once you have submitted your application.
- Submit your official transcripts for any previous college coursework to the Admissions, Records, and Registration Office.
- Determine how you plan to pay for college. Explore paying for college and understand your deadlines.
- If you will be paying for college using Federal Financial Aid, we can help you start the process.
Please note: If you started your application more than 48 hours ago and did not complete it, you will need to start a new application and will be given a new Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID). Applications that are started but not completed will be purged within 48 hours after it was created.
You may also contact the Admissions, Records, and Registration office at the college you plan to attend. Each college may have alternative ways for you to complete and submit your admissions form (English version | Spanish version).
As you complete step one, we recommend you write down the following information on your Enrollment Steps Guide:
- Student ID number
- Maricopa email address
Important reminder: Your Maricopa student email at google.maricopa.edu will be active as soon as you are admitted to a college. Be sure to use your MEID@maricopa.edu email address when setting up Duo authentication.
After you successfully get admitted, you may have additional tasks to complete. To view your tasks, log in to your Student Center. You will receive a Duo push notification to access your Student Center.
If you are new to college, you may need to complete tasks in your Student Center to determine course placement or attend New Student Orientation and seek initial academic advising.
If you need o take NSO/Initial Academic Advisement, you need to do so prior to enrolling in your next semester.
Maricopa Community Colleges have multiple ways to identify the proper courses for your success. To get started with this step, visit Assessment and Placement to find out how to submit placement documents or take online placement assessments.
If you have taken college-level English, math, or reading courses at a previous college or university, ensure your official transcripts have been sent to Glendale Community College. You may not need to determine placement based on your previous coursework.
Set Up Initial Academic Advising & New Student Orientation
If you are new to college, you will need to attend a New Student Orientation session within your first semester. Learn about Glendale Community College’s New Student Orientation session.
If you know the classes you need to take, then do the following:
- Use Find a Class to search for your classes and select “Open Classes Only.”
- Keep track of your courses’ section numbers for adding classes.
- In your Student Center, click on the Manage Classes tile. Watch for your Duo push notification to log in.
- Use Class Search and Enroll to get registered.
If you don’t know the classes you need to take, do one of the following:
Then, follow the steps to register for classes.
Once you have registered for your classes, you will be able to view your tuition rate classification in the Student Center. Watch for your Duo push notification to access your Student Center. The tuition rate is determined by the submission of your ID and other supporting documents. For more information, go to Residency Information.
After you have registered for classes, you are almost ready for the semester. The next step is to secure your classes by making a plan to pay your tuition by the semester's due date. There are multiple ways to pay for college.
- Payment plan
- Financial aid
- Military and veterans education benefits
- Third-party authorization
To check the due date of your tuition and fees, go to your Online Student Center. If not already logged in, watch for your Duo push notification after you log in to your account.
Duo two-factor Authentication
Once you are admitted, you will need to set up Duo two-factor authentication to access Maricopa student systems. Two-factor authentication is a required security measure to protect your account, and needs to be established by you (the student) using your MEID@maricopa.edu email address and phone number. Go to: www.maricopa.edu/duo to learn how to get started and for more information on Duo security requirements.
Questions? Need Assistance?
We are here to help you. Please visit our Enrollment Centers at the Main Campus or North Campus. Contact us virtually by chat or by phone.
Main Campus - Enrollment Center - 59th Avenue and Olive Avenue
Phone (623) 845-3333
North Campus - Student Services (Chinle) Building - 57th Avenue and Happy Valley Road
Phone (623) 888-7012
As you complete step one, we recommend you make note of the following information on your Enrollment Steps guide:
- Student ID number
- Maricopa email address
Important reminder: Your Maricopa student email at google.maricopa.edu will be active as soon as you are admitted to a college.