Careers & Jobs
The GCC Employment Team promotes professional opportunities at the college, focusing our efforts on our most valuable asset, our employees.
We do this by managing the recruitment, selection and hiring of a diverse, qualified workforce, and by providing collaboration on the hiring process to search teams and applicants while maintaining the highest standards of integrity, leadership, knowledge, honesty and respect.
Full-Time & Part-Time Positions
For job openings, requirements and application information visit our District Careers page.
Adjunct & Substitute Employees
Adjunct and Substitute Faculty are defined as temporary part-time instructors whose salary is paid from the employee's department budget. All new and returning adjuncts must in-process through Human Resources. In-processing usually takes approximately 45 minutes.
To begin the new hire process:
- You will receive a new hire packet from your department or from Human Resources. On the Employee Data Form (the second form in the packet) the Department Use Only block must be completed and signed by your department before onboarding can begin.
- All forms in the packet must be completed prior to the appointment with Human Resources (the Direct Deposit form is optional).
- You must complete an I-9 form and be E-Verified. Per federal law, you must present acceptable I-9 documentation establishing your identification and your authorization to work in the United States.
- Important: If you do not have proper documentation at the time of your onboarding appointment, you must bring the document(s) within three (3) business days or your employment will be terminated.
- Please call the Human Resources department at (623) 845-3400 to schedule an onboarding appointment.
Please complete the online application and bring the following documents with you:
- A résumé
- A completed new hire packet
- Unofficial transcripts or official transcripts (official transcripts must be delivered to HR in a sealed envelope)
- If you will be teaching an occupational course, an employment letter stating 3-5 years of experience in the subject matter you will be teaching.
Also, you must complete the course, EDU 250, Overview of the Community College (or equivalent), which is mandatory for all Arizona community college level instructors within two years of your first teaching semester. You may be eligible for a tuition waiver.
EEO Policy Statement
It is the policy of Maricopa to promote equal employment opportunities through a positive continuing program. This means that Maricopa will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination, against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. Additionally, it is the policy of Maricopa to provide an environment for each Maricopa job applicant and employee that is free from sexual harassment, as well as harassment and intimidation on account of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.