Need the Chemistry Assessment?
GCC Chemistry Assessment is currently being proctored online and in person by appointment only. To schedule an in person appointment please call us at 623-845-3058.
Which level Chemistry class is right for you? Science majors are required to meet with an academic advisor for correct course placement, which is determined by a combination of your past Chemistry coursework, Math coursework, and assessment test scores. Students who score 60% or better can enroll in CHM 150 or 151. Those who score below 60% will be advised to enroll in CHM 130 to build a solid foundation in Chemistry.
About the Exam
- A 45-minute, timed, computerized, multiple-choice exam.
- You get exam results right away.
- One test is allowed every 3 months;
- Scores are good for one year;
- No appointment is necessary. Tests are given on a walk-in basis.
- A current valid photo ID is required.
Chemistry Assessment Testing Hours
GCC Main Campus
Summer Walk-in or Appointment Hours Starting Time:
- Mon - Wed: 8 a.m.
Thurs: 9:30 a.m.
- The last test start time is based on the time needed to complete it or waived by the student to finish no later than 5:50 p.m.
(except for holiday and college closures)
All tests must be completed 10 minutes before closing.
When you come to test, please make sure you have the following:
- a current, valid photo ID (your GCC ID will be very helpful)
- your GCC student ID #
All testing rooms are monitored by a camera system. Students are under video surveillance the entire time.