Ways to access your Official Transcript Request online
Official transcripts for Maricopa Community Colleges students may be ordered online directly through our partner, Parchment (formerly called Credential Solutions). You will be asked to create an account with Parchment, allowing you to track your request. Please note that your Glendale Community College transcripts are listed under Maricopa County Community College District.
Click on the Parchment logo below to get started:
The Transcript Ordering Services page will appear. Be sure to read the “Information from Maricopa County Community College District” section before beginning your order.
You will be required to enter one of the following:
- Student ID Number (8-digit number starting with a 3; for example 30012345)
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Log into your Online Student Center using your MEID and Password.
- Click the Academic Records tile, choose Request Transcript from the dropdown list, and click >>.
- On the Request Transcript page, choose Official Transcript from the dropdown list. (Read the information on the page carefully before proceeding with your request.)
- Click the yellow bar labeled Transfer to Transcript Request Service to access the order form.
- You will be redirected to the Parchment site for Transcript Ordering Services. Be sure to read the “Information from Maricopa County Community College District” section before beginning your order.
Note: If you are unable to log in to your Online Student Center, click here for assistance in accessing your account and resetting your password.
- Log into My Maricopa Student Portal using your MEID and Password.
- If there is a hold on your account, there will be a message at the top of the page notifying you of the hold and the Official Transcripts button will be disabled. To view your holds, click on the Holds link for more information. Contact your Registrar’s office if you need additional assistance.
- Go to the Transcripts page.
- From here, you will be able to view your Unofficial Transcript and request your Official Transcript. You may print your Unofficial Transcript or click on the Official Transcripts button to see a message informing you of the redirect. Click OK.
- You will be redirected to the Parchment website for Transcript Ordering Services. Be sure to read the “Information from Maricopa County Community College District” section before beginning your order.
Note: If you are unable to log in to your MyMaricopa, click here for assistance in accessing your account and resetting your password.
Please keep in mind …
- There is a $5 fee for each Official Transcript.
- Verify your records are updated and complete. No refunds will be given for students who mistakenly order their transcripts before their records are updated and complete.
- Transcripts will not be issued for any students with a financial hold on their account. If you have a hold on your account, please contact your primary college to resolve the issue before submitting your official transcript request.
- Update your personal information. If your legal name, address, telephone, or email contact information has changed, please be sure to update your account with your primary Maricopa Community College before ordering your transcript to ensure the most up-to-date information is reflected in your records.
- Official transcript requests will not be held for final grades, degrees, and/or certificates to post to the student's records, so review your records before submitting your request to ensure they are complete.
- There is no need to order multiple transcripts from each of the Maricopa Colleges you have attended. Maricopa Community Colleges have a combined transcript report, meaning that coursework from any of the 10 Colleges you have attended will appear on the same official transcript.
- For specific questions/issues regarding your order, please contact Parchment at their Customer Service Center at 847-716-3005.
Note: If you are unable to log in to your Student Center or My Maricopa Student Portal, click here for assistance in accessing your account and resetting your password.