Advisement FAQ

Advisement FAQ

Find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about advisement at GCC below.

Advisement FAQ's

You can register for classes up until the first day, before the start of class. Once a class has started, registration is no longer permitted. (For example, if a class starts on Aug. 22 at 9 a.m., the student has until Aug. 22 at 8:58 a.m. to register).

​The last day to register may be different for flexible-start classes. 

See our available degrees and certifications.

In order to see how many classes are left for a degree, you must meet with an Academic Advisor to do a degree progress check.

Choosing a math class depends on your chosen major. Meet with your Academic Advisor to identify what class will be necessary.  

Once you have completed the application and the “To-Do List” is clear, you can check your status in your Student Center. Scroll down to Finances and click on “View Financial Aid”. Click on the upcoming semester year/term. You will see an offered amount and a blank accepted amount. To confirm if you want to use grants and or loans, please click which ones you will use for the year and submit.

Visit the Nursing Department website for information about becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)  or a CNA.

The Advisement Department is located in the Enrollment Center Building.

Contact Admissions & Records at (623) 845-3333 to verify your transcripts have been received. Once a college transcript has been evaluated, a message will be sent to your Student Center letting you know the equivalency at GCC.

To make sure your credits will transfer to your chosen University, meet with an advisor prior to transferring ensure you take the appropriate prerequisite courses for your major. You can also check to see if your transfer school is listed on the University Transfer partner site. If the school is listed there, your credits could be transferrable to that chosen university. We encourage you to visit the University Transfer fairs held twice a year in the Student Union. Visit our Transfer Credits site to find upcoming university visits and other transfer events. 

GCC doesn’t offer GED classes, but Rio Salado Community College has GED classes available.