Services and accommodations are available at no cost to qualifying Glendale Community College students.
To qualify for accommodations you must meet MCCCD eligibility requirements and provide disability documentation. See MCCCD Administrative Regulations 2.8.1 and this FAQ from the U.S. Department of Education regarding your rights and responsibilities.
After you complete your application in DRS Connect and provide the necessary documentation, we will evaluate your request for accommodation and service requests on an individual, case-by-case basis. To help us meet your needs please provide as much of the following as possible:
- Physical: mobility, dexterity, endurance, etc.
- Perceptual: sensory experience, vision, hearing
- Cognitive: attention, distractibility, communication, etc.
- Behavioral: action and reaction responses.
- Descriptions of treatments, medications, accommodations, auxiliary aids, assistive technology, and services currently in use and their general effectiveness as tools for access.
- Additional accommodations or tools with a description of how you feel they will be helpful.
If we need additional or current documentation it is the responsibility of the student to seek out the relevant professionals and incur any fees related to evaluations.
Policies, Procedures and Regulations: Disability Rights provides additional information about Maricopa Community College District policies and federal guidelines.
Be sure to request your approved accommodations using DRS CONNECT each semester.