The computer lab consists of 50 computers equipped with internet, various software (listed below), and staff that will aid your learning success. The lab is open to all currently enrolled GCC students. To use the Center for Learning Computer Lab, students will need to check-in at the Center for Learning Front Desk.
Students can get assistance with:
- Canvas basics.
- MCCCD Student Center.
- Internet, Word processing, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint.
- General software: Using and Understanding English Grammar, Fundamentals of English Grammar, Learning and Workings Styles Inventory and more.
- English skills software: American Speech sounds/Healthcare, Rosetta Stone, Learning English Electronically and more.
- The computer lab is available for GCC students to complete GCC coursework. You must be an active, registered student at GCC to use the Center for Learning Computer Lab. Computers may not be used for commercial or personal profit or gain.
- A student services technician and tutors are available to assist individuals or small groups.
- Do not share your username and password with anyone.
- To avoid liability issues and distractions to others, guests/visitors (including spouses and children) are not permitted in the Center for Learning Computer Lab.
- Please set cell phones to vibrate and conduct calls outside the computer lab.
- Quiet, please! Be considerate of other people.
- Beverages must be in spill-proof containers or bottles with lids. No food is permitted in the computer lab.
- Tobacco products of any kind are not permitted anywhere on campus.
- The Center for Learning operates under the MCCCD Technology Resources Standards.
- Students using the computer lab are subject to the United States Copyright Law of 1976 as amended (Title 17, U.S. Code, the "Copyright Act"), including compliance with software replication copyright restrictions.
Group Study Rooms
Study rooms that accommodate up to four people are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. No reservation is necessary. Computer access and whiteboard are available in each room. Current students may use a study room for up to two hours. All GCC and MCCCD policies apply during the use of these rooms.
Learn more about how to use Study Rooms at the Center for Learning front desk or download the Group Study Room Guidelines.