Presidents’ Honors Scholarship
Recent high school graduates who graduated with a cumulative 3.25 unweighted GPA or higher may apply for the Presidents' Honors Scholarship. The Presidents' Honors Scholarship covers the cost of in-county tuition for 15 credit hours per semester and the $15 registration fee. This scholarship will automatically renew for up to four consecutive semesters (summers excluded) as long as the student meets the criteria for renewal.
President Honors Scholarship Block
The Presidents' Honors Scholarship application deadline for the Fall 2023 semester is Friday, July 28, 2023. Applications received after July 28, 2023 may not be accepted.
The Presidents’ Honors Scholarship application deadline for the Spring 2024 semester is Wednesday, January 10, 2024. Applications received after January 10, 2024 may not be accepted.
Please note that students who apply successfully after July 1st, including December graduates, should be prepared to prepay their tuition as scholarship funds may not be disbursed until after tuition is due.
After you apply for the Presidents' Honors Scholarship
- Enroll into at least 12 credits at the 100-level or above with a 3+ credit honors course included.
- Request that your high school or Parchment sends your final, official transcript to the GCC Admissions and Records Office after graduation. Your scholarship cannot be awarded until your final, official transcript is received and the Honors Office can verify your official eligibility.
- ALL communication regarding your scholarship will be sent to your MCCCD Student Email- NOT your personal email. You can find your student email here and login with your MEID number. If you are unsure of your MEID, please check out the your MEID page for help on how to find/create your MEID.
Requirements to Retain the Presidents’ Honors Scholarship
- Complete a minimum of 12 credits at the 100+ level within the semester (Pass/Fail credits excluded) each Fall and Spring semester.
- Complete at least one 3 credit honors course each semester with a grade of "C" or higher.
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.250 or higher. (Cumulative GPA does include all Maricopa Community College credits.)
- Maintain continuous enrollment for the four semesters (summer session excluded).
- Complete two co-curricular activities each semester.
Honors Program students should not withdraw from courses or alter class schedules without the approval of the Honors Program staff. All refund, drop-add, and withdrawal policies, dates, and deadlines apply to Honors Program students.