You Made It Happen at GCC! Through hard work, diligence and perseverance, you have attained a significant milestone in your life - graduation from college. Whether you are continuing with your education or entering the workforce you can be proud of what you have accomplished. We are glad you chose GCC and we wish you well in your future endeavors.
Apply to graduate
Fill out the Online Application for Graduation to receive your degree or certificate.
- You must apply to receive your degree or certificate, whether or not you plan to participate in commencement ceremonies.
- Apply during the final semester of your degree or certificate program.
- Many students complete one or more certificates much sooner than their final degree. You can apply for those as you complete the requirements.
- Submit a separate application for each degree and/or certificate you wish to receive and have awarded on your GCC academic transcript.
Your application must include:
- GCC catalog year
- Your major (degree pathway)
- Previous colleges/universities if you plan to use the coursework to meet program requirements
- If you're a current Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honors Society member, attach a copy of your membership card to your application
Graduation Application Deadlines
Speak to an academic advisor in the Enrollment Center.
Check your Student Center
You will receive a message in your Student Center verifying your application status as soon as it is reviewed.
- One Commencement Ceremony occurs each year in May. If you have been awarded a degree or certificate you will be invited to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Once your final semester has ended and all grades have been verified, we will send your diploma via US Mail. You should receive it in 8-10 weeks.
- If you do not qualify for a degree or certificate, you will receive written notification. If you choose to complete the degree at a later time, you will need to apply again.