Welcome to Tutoring
GCC Tutoring is available In Person and Online!
Meet with a tutor either in person or online using your cellphone or personal computer!
To request a tutor for your subject:
- Review the Tutoring Across the College website to learn when a tutor for your subject is available.
- Students who need Canvas, Google Apps, or general technology assistance may email email@example.com or drop into the Tech Support voice channel after they join our Discord server.
GCC uses Discord as the universal platform for Tutoring Across the College. So that we abide by FERPA, all Discord users should avoid any disclosure of personally identifiable information and follow these standards:
- Students will create their own unique Discord account. It is free.
- When necessary, students will use a unique username or nickname. Do not use your MEID or Student ID number.
- All students will use a universal generic birth date: 01/01/2000.
- Discord text channels will be managed and deleted daily. Tutors and students will not record any Discord tutoring information. Student documents, spreadsheets, and the like may be saved in Google Drive.
- Discord will be managed to review and delete any personally identifiable information.
- Do NOT use any personally identifiable information. If you do, it will be deleted. All Discord users will follow GCC and MCCCD policies and procedures.
We are here to help you...
- Be positive and open to learning. Remember Aristotle’s words: “Education is the best provision for the journey to old age.”
- Have confidence that help is on the way.
- Plan up to 30 minutes per tutoring session. In that way, all students can be helped.
- Find a distraction-free learning environment for an optimum experience.
- For writing assignments in any subject, know that tutors will provide general feedback and assist with grammar, spelling, and corrections.
Brainfuse is also available for additional online assistance when GCC tutors are not scheduled. A link is on the Tutoring Across the College web page or in your Canvas Course page.