Now recruiting for the Fall 2023 Cohort
Our interest list is forming now - join it here!
Interested in a Bachelor's in Cell and Molecular Biology Research (CaMBR)?
Don’t Transfer! CEP!
CEP stands for Concurrent Enrollment Program and thanks to our partnership program with ASU West, you can take classes at both GCC and ASU West and graduate with both your Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Biotechnology and Molecular Biosciences from GCC and your Bachelor's of Applied Science (BAS) degree in Cell and Molecular Biology Research from ASU West.
This means that you can dive deeper into your program sooner than with a traditional transfer program.
Also, this is a 75/45 program, so you get to complete more classes at the GCC rate.
In addition, the program is:
- Robust: Program is rich in STEM courses. The curriculum provides an outstanding educational foundation for students interested in working as a research technician and/or investigator in a university or industry laboratory and for those interested in applying to a professional school (e.g., medical, pharmacy, dental, veterinary science).
- Cutting Edge: Students get “hands on” experience with the latest technology used in cell and molecular biology research starting in their first semester in the program. Trained on equipment that is at industry standards. Prominent weekly seminar speakers.
- Focused on Independent Research: The program provides students at least a full year of experience working on original scientific research either at GCC or at a local research facility. Students have been placed as interns in a variety of Phoenix-based companies and universities (including TGen, Barrow Neurological Institute, Banner Sun Health Research Institute, U of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix, ASU, Mayo Clinic, Skysong and local pharmaceutical manufacturing companies). Such experience makes students much more competitive candidates for employment as well as graduate (Masters and Ph.D.) and professional schools. Most students attend and present their work at at least one scientific conference (regional or national).
- Convenient: Complete your Bachelor's close to home.
- Unique: Concurrent Enrollment means that students admitted into the program start on their upper-division ASU West courses (300 and 400-level) while still finishing up their Associates degree. No other CEP program for science majors like this exists in the Phoenix area.
- Cohort-based: Students admitted to the program in a given year (maximum of 24) move through the same blocks of courses together. Predictable schedule. Supportive group of peers.
- Year-round: Courses are sequenced to include summer term. This academic calendar keeps students on track and progressing toward their degree in as efficient a manner as possible.
- Small and Personalized: Students don’t get lost in the crowd. Designated academic advisor/student success coach at GCC pays attention to each student’s progress. Faculty mentor guides students' independent research experiences.
Ready to Learn More?
Now Accepting Applications! Join our interest list to learn how to get started! For other inquiries, email our GCC/ASUW Team at firstname.lastname@example.org