Enrollment for Veterans

While veterans enroll at GCC just like other students, the Department of Veterans Affairs certification requires a little extra effort. Our office can help you get all the educational VA benefits you are due, and act as an intermediary between you and the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Begin your enrollment process by following the Chapter information below, and applying for educational benefits at GIBill.va.gov.

Then visit the GCC Veteran Services Center for more assistance. 

GCC Veteran Scholarships

Dr. Phil D. Randolph Scholarship (MCCF)
GCC Veterans Spirit of National Service Scholarship (MCCF) 

How To Apply

Student Veterans may apply for the Dr. Phil D. Randolph Scholarship (MCCF) and the GCC Veterans Spirit of National Service Scholarship (MCCF) by completing a scholarship application. The Maricopa Community College Foundation non-profit scholarship organization is a database that matches your single, online application against all the scholarship offerings, including Veteran specific scholarships. To be matched to these two Veteran Scholarships, apply during the month of March (dates vary). Support Veteran Scholarship and Donate.

S.E.E.4VETS Math Success Scholarship (GCC)

How To Apply

Student Veterans may apply by completing the S.E.E.4VETS Math Success Scholarship application.

The SEE4VETS Math Success Scholarship is an academic initiative designed to assist military-affiliated students enrolled in MAT08X, 09X or college level math toward degree completion. Data shows that those students enrolled in MAT108 - Tutored concurrently Math, with their regular math course, achieve greater academic success. The current GI Bill® does not provide funding for MAT108. Student veterans selected for this scholarship will have the full tuition for the course and course fee(s) covered by the scholarship at the in-state tuition rate.

Students must meet the following criteria:

  • Be a new or continuing military-affiliated student to Glendale Community College
  • Be enrolled a minimum of half-time (at least 6 credit hours)
  • Be enrolled in a developmental (MAT 08X or MAT 09X) or college level math course through to MAT 151.
  • Student veterans must be enrolled and attending a MAT108 no later than the second week of instruction.
  • Student veterans must complete an application and be interviewed by an advisor assigned to the Veterans Service Center at Glendale Community College.
  • For continuing awards of this scholarship, a student must successfully complete MAT108 and achieve a grade of B or higher in the current math class.

Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB) - Chapter 30

Chapter 30 Checklist
Chapter 33 Checklist,
Chapter 33 (TOE) Checklist

The Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty, called "MGIB" for short, provides up to 36 months of education benefits to eligible veterans for college, technical or vocational courses, correspondence courses, apprenticeship/job training, flight training, high-tech training, licensing & certification tests, entrepreneurship training, and some entrance  examinations.

Veterans who entered active duty for the first time after June 30, 1985, are eligible for this program if they have:

  • Served continuously for two years;
  • Earned an Honorable Discharge;
  • Earned a high school diploma or GED, or in some cases, 12 hours of college credit.

How To Apply

Apply online or complete VA Form 22-1990 at our office.

Veterans Education Assistance Program  (VEAP) - Chapter 32

VEAP provides education and training opportunities to persons who enrolled and contributed to the program during active duty. Read more details about VEAP eligibility.

How to Apply

Apply online or complete VA Form 22-1990.

Survivors' & Dependents' Educational Assistance - Chapter 35

Chapter 35 Checklist
Chapter 35 Dependent's Standard Letter

Dependents (ages 18-26) or spouses of certain veterans may be eligible for up to 45 months of education benefits for degree and certificate programs, apprenticeships or on-the-job training if:

  • The veteran died while in service;
  • The veteran is permanently disabled as a result of service;
  • The veteran died as a result of a service-related disability.

How to Apply

Verify that your selected program is approved for VA training.

Apply online and complete VA Form 22-5490. Send it to the VA regional office with jurisdiction over the state where you will train. If you have started training, take your application to your school or employer. Ask them to complete VA Form 22-1999, Enrollment Certification, and send both forms to VA.

Montgomery GI Bill® for Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) - Chapter 1606

Chapter 1606/ 1607 Checklist
Chapter 30 31 1606 1607 Veterans Standard Letter

The Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve program is available to Selected Reserve and National Guard members who enlisted, re-enlisted or extended enlistment after June 30, 1985.

How to Apply

Your unit will give you DD Form 2384-1, Notice of Basic Eligibility, when you become eligible for the program. Apply online and complete VA Form 22-1990. If you have started training, take your application and your Notice of Basic Eligibility to your school or employer. Ask them to complete VA Form 22-1999, Enrollment Certification, and send all the forms to VA.

Read the VA Selected Reserve pamphlet for more information.

Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) - Chapter 1607

Chapter 1606/ 1607 Checklist
Chapter 30, 31, 1606, 1607 Veterans Standard Letter

REAP provides financial educational assistance to certain members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty after Sept. 11, 2001.

See current payment rates or read the VA REAP pamphlet for more eligibility information.

The New Post 9/11 GI Bill® - Chapter 33

Chapter 33 Veterans Standard Letter

Students are eligible if they performed active duty service on or after Sept. 11, 2001. All Post 9/11 GI Bill® recipients registering for classes MUST complete a VA deferment (promissory note) at our office every semester in order to process future awards. and/or the certificate of eligibility.

To be eligible for benefits you must:

  • Have a program of study leading to a degree or certificate;
  • Register only for courses which are required for completion of your selected degree program;
  • Complete and submit a certification request form each semester to the Veteran Services Office;
  • Notify the VSC of changes in your schedule, change of program and change of address;
  • Maintain satisfactory progress, completing at least 50% of your coursework with a 2.0 GPA each semester;
  • Make your tuition payments before the purge date (see your my.maricopa.edu student account for these dates).

How to Apply

Apply online and complete VA Form 22-1990, and/or the certificate of eligibility.

For additional information see the VA Post 9/11 pamphlet or the Post 9/11 GI Bill® website.

Additional Enrollment Checklists and Forms

Chapter 30 31 1606 1607 Veterans Standard Letter

Veterans/Dependents Request for Benefits

Request for Evaluation Prior Credits

Transcript Request

Request for Change of Program or Place of Training

Dependents' Request for Change of Program or Place of Training

"GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.



Building: Veteran Services Center (VSC)
Phone: (623) 845-3362
Fax: (623) 845-3140
Email: gccva@gccaz.edu