Veteran graduates

Frequently Asked Questions about Veterans Services

How do I apply for VA benefits?

Apply for educational benefits at You will need to fill out the online VonApp, print it out and bring a copy to the Veteran Services Center.

What is a Von App?

The VonApp is the VA Online Application, available at It is used to apply for all veteran educational benefits.

What do I need to bring with me to start using VA benefits?

The first time you visit the Veteran Services Center bring the Member-4 copy of your DD 214, any letters of eligibility you may have, your AZ driver’s license/identification card.

Which DD Form 214 do I need?

We need the Member-4 copy of your DD 214. This is the copy that shows your Type of Separation and your Character of Service on the bottom of the page.

How do I admit myself into GCC?

Follow the GCC New Student Checklist.

Do I need to come into the Veteran Services Center every semester?

Each semester the Veteran Services Center Certifying Official submits the classes you report to us to the Regional Veterans Affairs Office in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Only classes that the Certifying Official reports will be paid for by the VA. Note:Everyone using benefits must report to the Veteran Service Center every semester to complete required documents!

What classes will the VA pay for?

When starting your enrollment with the Veterans Center, you will be required to declare your Program of Study or degree plan. Only classes on your Program of Study's checklist that directly apply to your degree are authorized for payment by the VA.

As a veteran, how do I obtain in-state residency?

With an honorable discharge DD214, you are granted in-state residency .

What is Muskogee?

The Muskogee Regional Processing Office (RPO) located in Muskogee, Oklahoma is the processing office for the Western Region. It has primary responsibility for processing education claims.

Why haven't I received my money/check from the VA yet?

All education benefits are processed by the VA Regional Processing Office (RPO) in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Contact them at 1-888-442-4551 for answers concerning payment of benefits. You can also check the E-Benefits website for updated information.

I went to do my verification of enrollment on the WAVE and it does not show my current enrollment. What is going on?

Please contact Muskogee RPO at 1-888-442-4551 or see the EBenefits website.

I called the verification of enrollment line to do my verification of enrollment and the recording says that my file doesn’t exist. What is going on?

Please contact the GCC Veteran Services Center. We can help.

I called the VA and they said the school hasn’t sent my enrollment information. What now?

Please contact the GCC Veteran Services Center. We can help.

How much education benefit do I have left?

Find out by calling the VA at 1-888-442-4551 or log on to E-Benefits.

I am enrolled in more hours than the VA claims. What should I do?

Come to the GCC Veteran Services Center to verify your hours and schedule.

I need more help. Where can I go?

Find more answers at the Veterans Administration website.





Building: Veteran Services Center (VSC)
Phone: (623) 845-3362
Fax: (623) 845-3140