Banner Image (Resized to maximum 1180x300):
Connect to Wi-Fi
Introducing GauchoNet and GauchoNet-Guest
Glendale Community College is delighted to offer a new Wi-Fi experience to all of our students, faculty, staff and guests through two wireless networks:
- GauchoNet-Guest: For users who do not have a Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) number.
- GauchoNet: Faster, for people who do have MEID credentials.
Connecting is easy:
- Connect: Use the Wi-Fi settings on your device to connect to the appropriate network. Please refer to the user manual of your device if you are unsure how to do that.
Accept/Sign-in: In case your device doesn’t automatically ask you to sign into the wireless network, start your favorite web browser.
- If you connected to GauchoNet-Guest, you need to read and accept the MCCCD Computing Resource Standards as prompted. If you agree, click the “Continue to the Internet” button.
- If you connected to GauchoNet, you will see a page asking you to log in with your MEID and password. Please ensure you agree to the Computing Resource Standards (see FAQ) and click on “Sign in."
- You're in! Your device should be connected to the Internet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is my MEID and password?
Your MEID is the same login you use to access your student/employee email, my.maricopa.edu, or to log in to one of the computers on campus.
Will I need to repeat this process each time I connect?
GauchoNet-Guest requires you to accept the Computing Resource Standards every 24 hours. GauchoNet requires you to re-enter your MEID credentials every 30 days.
Does the wireless network block any websites?
As of the moment, we are not blocking any websites. However, we reserve the right to limit Internet speeds if we detect disruptive activity (such as P2P file sharing).
Where is wireless connectivity available?
Our network is designed to provide wireless coverage throughout the majority of our facilities on the GCC Main and GCC North campuses.
What if I notice that wireless coverage in an area is less than two bars?
Please contact GCC Technical Support to report this issue. We will do our best to help you quickly.
Why does my wireless seem to be slow?
The speed of the wireless network is dependent on a few factors, such as distance to the nearest access point, and the number of users near you.
Can I print through the wireless network?
Not at this time. Currently wireless printing is not supported.
Which wireless standards does the wireless network support?
Currently we support the 802.11g/n wireless standard.
Are there any rules I must follow during my wireless session?
GCC requires users to comply with the Maricopa Computing Resource Standards.
Can you help me with my computer?
GCC does not provide technical support for computers, laptops, smartphones, tablets, or any other internet-capable devices not owned by the college.
What if I have another question, or a comment about GauchoNet?
Please contact GCC Technical Support, so we can assist you as soon as possible.