The Interior Design courses at Glendale Community College prepare students for entry-level positions in the design and home furnishings industries, and are great for fulfilling personal interest! Knowledge gained in design methods and techniques prepare you to design or decorate your own home with confidence, increase the sales value of your home, enter the business world, or continue for an Interior Design certificate or degree.
Interior Design courses are geared to help you:
- Explore career opportunities designing residential homes, model homes, hotels, office interiors, and stage sets.
- Develop personal home furnishing and decorating skills and talents.
- Discover how to best select carpet, wallpaper, fabric, window treatments, furniture, and accessories.
- Gain knowledge about building or purchasing a home.
- Prepare for selling a home - learn how to make a home more marketable through design.
- Plan a remodel - make space more efficient, effective, and beautiful.
- Meet a General Education Humanities requirement with INT115 or INT120.
The Glendale Community College Interior Design program offers courses for personal growth, a Certificate in Interior Merchandising, and courses towards the Associate Degree in Interior Design.
Each course and level builds on the next, so if you decide to go further than you originally intended, there is no loss of time or credits.