Apply for Graduation
To help us process your request, please follow the instructions listed below.
Submit a completed application for each Degree or Certificate you wish to receive (see link above to download application).
The following information is important and necessary for us to process your application.
- GCC Catalog year.
- Degree Pathway (Major).
- Previous college/universities where you are using classes to fulfill requirements.
- If you're a current PTK member, attach a copy of your membership card to your application.
Attach a complete check sheet for the degree or certificate listed on your application. Check sheets are available from an academic advisor in the Enrollment Center or the Admissions and Records Office. Be sure to use the correct check sheet for the catalog you are following. If you need assistance completing the check sheet, see an academic advisor for assistance before turning it in.
Return your application and check sheet to the Admissions and Records Office in the Enrollment Center Building. You will receive a letter from the Admissions and Records Office verifying your application status as soon as it is reviewed.
- Application deadlines are: the last Monday in June for Summer, the last Monday in September for Fall, and the last Monday in February for Spring graduation.
- Diplomas are awarded three times each year: at the end of Summer II session, at the end of the Fall semester, and at the end of the Spring semester. One Commencement Ceremony occurs each year in May. All those who fulfill degree/certificate qualifications throughout the year will be invited to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- After your anticipated semester of completion has ended and all grades have been verified, you will receive your diploma in 8-10 weeks via US Mail. If you do not qualify for a degree or certificate, you will receive written notification. If you choose to complete the degree at a later time, you will need to petition again.
- All debts to all Maricopa Colleges must be cleared before a degree or certificate may be awarded.
- Cap and Gowns
- Degree and Certificate Application Instructions
- Definition of General Studies
- Commencement Information
- General Graduation Studies Designations
- Diploma Information
- General Graduation Requirements
- Graduation with Honors