Tuition and Fee Refunds
|Handouts:||Student Refund Exception|
It is the student's responsibility to drop classes by the refund deadlines. Students who officially withdraw from credit classes (in fall, spring, or summer) within the deadlines listed below will receive a 100% refund for tuition, class and registration processing fees. Deadlines that fall on a weekend or a college holiday will advance to the next college workday except for classes 1-9 calendar days in length or as specified by the college. Withdrawal deadlines for a 100% refund can be found on the Student Study List or by selecting the calendar icon under My Class Schedule in your Online Student Center at My.maricopa.edu. Calendar days include weekdays and weekends. Refer to individual colleges for withdrawal and appeal processes. Withdrawals are accepted in person and by telephone at 623-845-3333 during registration hours, and by fax at 623-845-3303 Monday through Sunday. Faxes must be time stamped within the refund deadline. Students may drop a class through My.maricopa.edu during registration hours.
IMPORTANT: After the published deadlines, refunds will not be considered. Job transfers, change in work schedule, etc., or reasons other than those listed below under Refund Guidelines will not be considered as grounds for appeal.
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, students must drop non-credit classes prior to the class start date to be eligible for a 100% refund.
|Length of Class||Official Withdrawal Deadlines for 100% Refund|
|1-9 Calendar Days||Prior to the class start date|
|10-19 Calendar Days||1 Calendar day including the class start date|
|20-29 Calendar Days||2 Calendar days including the class start date|
|30-39 Calendar Days||3 Calendar days including the class start date|
|40-49 Calendar Days||4 Calendar days including the class start date|
|50-59 Calendar Days||5 Calendar days including the class start date|
|60-69 Calendar Days||6 Calendar days including the class start date|
|70 + Calendar Days||7 Calendar days including the class start date|
Special Refund Guidelines
- In the event a class is permanently canceled by the college, a 100% refund will be made for the canceled class.
- Course fees will be refunded only if the student qualifies for a 100% refund.
- The Registration Processing Fee is refundable only if the student qualifies for a 100% refund.
- All refunds and deposits that may be due a student will first be applied to encumbrances owed the college.
- Refunds for students receiving federal financial assistance are subject to federal guidelines.
- A student in the Armed Forces or the Arizona National Guard who is called to active duty and assigned to a duty station, verifiable by a copy of the orders, will be allowed to withdraw and receive a 100% refund of tuition, provided courses have not been completed.
- A pro rata refund will be made under the following circumstances provided courses have not been completed. Special and miscellaneous fees will not be refunded.
- A student with a serious illness, verifiable by a doctor's written statement that the illness prevents the student from attending all classes for the semester. The doctor's statement must be on file with the college before a refund can be given.
- Serious illness or death of a family member that prevents the student from attending all classes for the semester. Appropriate documentation must be provided before a refund can be given.
- Death of a student. Appropriate documentation must be provided before a refund can be given.
Obtaining a Refund
Maricopa Student Refund Program (MSRP)
The Maricopa Community Colleges have contracted with Citibank to provide safe, convenient access to student refunds.
Tuition and fees for students who paid cash, check or payment plan will be processed via MSRP. Refunds for credit card payments will be credited back to the same card used for the original payment. For credit card refunds, call 623.845.3333 or bring your credit card to the Cashier's Office window to receive your refund.
In addition to tuition refunds, financial aid grants, student loans, and scholarships are processed via MSRP.
Students entitled to receive a refund, will be responsible for enrolling in MSRP and choosing the preferred payment method. An e-mail will be sent to your Maricopa student e-mail account with the title "REFUND" . The message will contain a link to the enrollment site, where easy instructions for enrollment are available. The three refund payment options are as follows:
|Prepaid Card||The fastest and most flexible way to receive your funds. Make purchases anywhere Visa debit is accepted and withdraw cash fee-free at Citibank ATMs.|
|Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)||If you have an existing bank account, you may choose to have your funds transferred automatically.|
|Paper Check||Paper checks remain available for those who want them. Checks will take 7-10 days to receive and will be mailed to the last address on record with the college.|
If a student does not enroll within three days of receiving Citibank email notification, a paper check will be automatically disbursed by Citibank.
For additional information on the Maricopa Student Refund Program (MSRP) please visit http://my.maricopa.edu and look in the Announcements section.
The link to the student email account is also located at http://my.maricopa.edu Information is included in the FAQ's section of the student email site regarding how to forward the student email account to a home or other preferred email address.
Students are responsible for keeping contact information current. Go to your Student Center at http://my.maricopa.edu to review and update contact information.
Please visit http://www.gccaz.edu/cashiers/14872.htm for further information.