College Vehicle Driver Information
|Handouts:||Vehicle Reservation Request|
Use of College Vehicles
The Facilities Management department maintains a fleet of vehicles to be used for official College/District business. Use of college-owned vehicles for personal business or pleasure is strictly prohibited.
At all times, college vehicles should be operated so as not to discredit or embarrass the College/District. Drivers who exhibit unsafe, illegal, or discourteous driving habits may have their driving privileges revoked. All traffic citations are the sole responsibility of the driver.
Users may reserve the vehicles on a first-come, first-served basis. When College travel needs exceed fleet capacity, rental vehicles may be acquired to supplement. All drivers conducting official business in College, rental, or personal vehicles must meet District driving requirements.
For additional information regarding the use of college-owned vehicles, please refer to Administrative Regulation 4.14 in the MCCCD – Maricopa Online Policy Manual regarding Motor Vehicle Usage.
Eligible Drivers and Passengers
The following are eligible to operate college vehicles:
Regular or temporary MCCCD employees who:
- Possess a valid Arizona Driver's License
- Have completed and passed online the MCCCD Driver Training Program
- Submitted to a Motor Vehicle Record check by Public Safety, indicating a satisfactory driving record
- Have completed the online Annual Travel Acknowledgement for the current fiscal year
- Are 18 years or older when operating a college-owned vehicle
- Are 21 years or older when operating a rental agency vehicle
Passengers are limited to MCCCD employees and students, and persons directly involved with the purposes for which the vehicle was requested. Family members, friends, relatives, etc. (not affiliated with MCCCD) are prohibited from riding in a college-owned or rented vehicle.
To reserve a vehicle, contact Catherine Crawford in Facilities Management at (623) 845-3522 or by email at email@example.com. For multiple-occurrence reservations, you may use the Vehicle Reservation Request.
Vehicle Pickup and Return
Vehicle keys are issued at and should be returned to the Office of Student Life during normal business hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm. After-hours and on holidays, keys will be issued from and returned to the Public Safety Office, located in the CS building. Vehicles must be picked up and returned to the designated parking spaces in the southwest parking lot (S1), just south of the swimming pool.
- Smoking, and consuming and/or transporting alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are prohibited in college-owned or rented vehicles. No driver may operate a college-owned or rented vehicle while under the influence of a controlled substance.
- The use of a cell phone or similar communication device is prohibited while operating a college-owned or rented vehicle.
- College vehicles shall not be kept at a residence overnight.
- Travel distance from the college is limited to 600 miles one way, unless approved by the college president.