- American Psychological Association
(APA): The largest organization of psychologists in the United States, including both clinical/counseling psychologists and research psychologists.
- Divisions: The APA has 56 divisions or organizations that specialize in the various subfields of psychology. Click this link to find the division that interests you!
- Association for Psychological Science (APS): The second largest organization of psychologists in the United States focusing on research in psychology.
- Psychology Links: Extensive list of U.S. and international psychological organizations.
- National Institute of Mental Health: The largest scientific organization in the world dedicated to research focused on the understanding, treatment, and prevention of mental disorders and the promotion of mental health.
- Western Psychological Association: The psychological organization for students and professionals who live in the western United States. Each year, GCC Psi Beta students present research at WPA's annual meeting.
- Psi Beta: National Honor Society in Psychology for Community and Junior Colleges
- Modern Psychological Studies: "Modern Psychological Studies (MPS) is a psychological journal devoted exclusively to publishing manuscripts by undergraduates. MPS is edited exclusively by undergraduate students at the University of Tennessee - Chattanooga. We strive to make the journal submission process a learning experience and to encourage quality research."
- Arizona Nevada Academy of Science: "The purpose of The Arizona-Nevada Academy of Science is to stimulate scientific research and education; to disseminate scientific knowledge in the various fields of science; to promote fraternal relationships among those engaged in scientific work; to assist in developing and in making known the material and other resources of those two states; to encourage the publication of reports of scientific investigations; and to unify the scientific interests of the region." Annual Meeting in Tucson, April 4, 2009.
Psychology Resource Sites