COUNSELING & THERAPY
The mission of the GCC Psychology Department is to provide instruction in the science of psychology. Faculty members do not offer counseling or therapy services to students. If you or someone you know is in need of counseling, we encourage you to seek help using the following resources:
- GCC Counseling and Career Services: Offers counseling and career services, including help with academic or personal problems, personality tests, and career assessment. CSS is conveniently located next to the Student Union.
- EMPACT Suicide/Crisis/Sexual Assault Hotlines:
- 1-800-SUICIDE (National)
- (480) 784-1500 (Maricopa County)
- 1-866-205-5229 (Arizona–toll free)
- 1-800-656-HOPE (National RAINN Sexual Assault Hotline)
- (480) 736-4949 (Sexual Assault Hotline–Maricopa County)
- Community Information & Referral 24-Hour Help Hotline: Call 602-263-8856 or 800-352-3792 (toll-free) within area codes 520 & 928.
- National Institutes of Mental Health: Find information on many different mental disorders, including diagnostic criteria and treatment options. Note: Only qualified licensed therapists or doctors should diagnose a mental disorder.
- MayoClinic.com: Another good resource for reliable information on both physical and mental disorders.