International students from more than 30 countries attend Glendale Community College.

Frequent Questions

What is a Community College?
Most international students are interested in college programs that encourage a path to transfer to a university. Community colleges offer the first two years of a traditional four-year bachelors degree program. Students complete lower division courses at a community college, typically at a cost far less than a university, then transfer those credits to a university.

Glendale Community College offers university transfer programs, technical and job training programs, and special interest programs.

What if I am not proficient in English?
If you need to improve your English language skills, apply for the ESOL program. Once admitted to the ESOL program, you will be automatically admitted to GCC as a full-time college student.

How much time should I allow for visa application?
Apply at least three months before you plan to travel. Your visa can only be issued 90 days prior to the start of your educational program.

What if my visa application is denied?
You may appeal the decision. In most cases, you will need to provide additional new documentation that was not presented with the initial application. Please call us for more information.




Building: Enrollment Center (EC)
Phone: (623) 845-3135
Fax: (623) 845-3541
Hours of Operation


Mon. - Wed. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thurs. - Fri. 9 a.m.- 5 p.m


Mon. - Wed. 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Thurs. 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.