Adjunct Faculty and Substitute Faculty Onboarding ProceduresTo begin the new hire process:
- You will receive an Adjunct and Substitute Faculty New Hire Packet from your department or from Employee Resources. On the Employee Data Form (the second form in the packet) the Department Authorization block must be completed by your department before onboarding can begin.
- All forms in the packet must be completed (the Direct Deposit form is optional).
- You must complete an I-9 form and be E-Verified. Per federal law, you must present
acceptable I-9 documentation that establishes your identification as well as your authorization (in other words, you will need to bring something from list A or
something from list B and
list C) to be eligible to work in the United States. Please note: if you do not have proper documentation at the time you onboard, you must bring said document(s) within three (3) business days or your employment will be terminated.
- New employees are required to take the online Family and Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) tutorial as soon as possible. This tutorial typically takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
Please bring the following documents with you:
- A résumé
- A completed MCCCD job application
- Your official transcripts (they must be in a sealed envelope)
- If you will be teaching in an occupational department, an employment letter stating 3-5 years of experience in the subject matter you will be teaching (see minimum requirements)
- Also, you must complete the course, EDU 250, Overview of the Community College (or equivalent),
which is mandatory for all Arizona community college level instructors within two years of your first teaching semester. You may be eligible for a
Candidate Assessment Forms:
- MCCCD Job Application
- Faculty Minimum Requirements (academic and occupational fields)
- Minimum Qualifications Form
- Counselor Faculty Minimum Qualifications Form
- Mathematics Faculty Minimum Qualifications Form
- Religious Studies Faculty Minimum Qualifications Form
- Religious Studies Completion Form
Sample Employment Letter
Other forms for adjunct instructors: