Student Honors Organization (SHO)
The Student Honors Organization (SHO) is the club for students in the Honors Program. SHO provides extra-curricular opportunities, both social and service-related, as well as leadership opportunities through club officer positions and committee work. All honors students are encouraged to join.
Honors Student Accomplishments
We are very proud of the accomplishments of our Honors Students at GCC. Click each name to read more about these amazing people.
- Nikita Rossow and Alexa Yanta are GCC's 2008-09 All-Arizona Academic Team members.
- Maneet Kamboj and Evan Williams are GCC's 2006-07 All-Arizona Academic Team members.
- Michelle Rowe and Megan Erbe are GCC's 2005-06 All AZ/USA Scholarship recipients.
- Stefanie Mantz and Sarah Herda are GCC's 2003-04 AZ/USA Scholarship Winners.
- Kait Greiser-Kaman, Smith College Scholarship Winner, 2003.
- Veronica Guzman Brown Student Advisory Board, Spring, 2002
- Erika Gonzalez, Gates Millenium Scholar
- Lisa Natham and Nikina D'Andrea are GCC's 2001-02 AZ/USA Scholarship Winners
- Veronica Guzman-Brown, Jonnie Crowe, and Brian Kohlenberg Student Advisory Board Members, Spring 2002
Honors Ambassadors are successful honors students who are interested in sharing their college experience with potential students. Primarily, honors ambassadors assist with on- and off-campus recruiting events. They are expected to participate in activities such as corresponding with prospective students, hosting prospective students and families during campus visits, and giving tours. During special events hosted by the Honors Program, honors ambassadors are needed to meet and greet guests, give tours, and generally act as hosts. Ambassadors may also be called upon to represent the college at other special events.
In addition, honors ambassadors share an interest in also developing their own interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills. Honors students must be recommended by an honors faculty member to be invited to apply to become an Honors Ambassador.
Applications are available by invitation only. Ambassadors are selected based on their application and an interview. Final selections are made by the Honors Program Coordinator.