Continuing Honors students enjoy priority registration and can enroll in classes before open registration begins.
Small Class Size and Personal Attention
With smaller class sizes, Honors students collaborate closely and enjoy personal attention from instructors who encourage in-depth exploration of ideas. Honors courses emphasize critical thinking, verbal skills and creative problem-solving while satisfying general education requirements for GCC and transfer requirements to universities.
The Honors Program provides seamless transfer to ASU through the ASU/Maricopa Alliance Program (MAPP), and personal assistance to students who wish to transfer out-of-state.
Activities and Cultural Opportunities
- Free monthly tickets to the Phoenix Symphony (also hosted at GCC during the spring semester)
- The Honors Forum Lecture Series
- Academic Seminars offer internship and work experiences while earning academic credit
- Attend national and regional honors conferences across the country and in Arizona
- The Student Honors Organization (SHO) student club hosts social and service-related activities and leadership opportunities
- Honors Ambassadors are students selected by faculty to meet and greet campus guests, give tours, and act as hosts
- The annual Honors Awards Dinner, where Honors students are awarded the Honors medallion to wear during commencement.