Apply to Honors
Recent high school graduates who ranked in the top 20% of their graduating class or who scored exceptionally high on GCC placement tests may apply for the Presidents' Honors Scholarship. The Presidents' Honors Scholarship covers the cost of in-county tuition for 15 credit hours per semester, and automatically renews for a total of four consecutive semesters (summers excluded) as long the student meets the criteria for renewal.
Submit your application by April 1 if you wish to be recognized at your high school awards event. Otherwise, apply any time before July 1. (Students who apply after July 1 must pay tuition and fees and will be reimbursed once the application file is complete.) No applications are accepted after classes have started.
Requirements to Maintain a Presidents’ Honors Scholarship
- Complete a minimum of 12 credits at the 100+ level within the semester (Pass/Fail credits excluded) each Fall and Spring semester;
- Complete at least one 3 credit honors course each semester with a grade of "C" or higher;
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.250 or higher (Cumulative GPA does include all Maricopa Community College credits.);
- Maintain continuous enrollment for the four semesters (summer session excluded).
- Complete two co-curricular activities each semester.
Students who have a GPA of at least 3.250 and who have accumulated a minimum of 12 MCCCD credits in courses numbered 100 level or above (Pass/Fail credits excluded) are eligible to apply for the Honors Achievement Award.
Honors Achievement Awards are paid after grades have posted each semester. Students who are accepted will receive an award based on the total number of credits that are successfully completed.
|Credits Completed||Award Amount|
|12 or more||$500|
Requirements to Retain the Honors Achievement Award
- Complete the number of credits within the semester (Pass/Fail credits excluded) for which an achievement award has been awarded.
- Complete at least one 3 credit Honors course each semester with a grade of "C" or higher.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.250 (includes all Maricopa Community College credits.)
- Complete one co-curricular activity each semester.
Honors Program students should not withdraw from courses or alter class schedules without approval of the Honors Program staff.
All refund, drop-add, and withdrawal policies, dates, and deadlines apply to Honors Program students.