“When I open my report, the page is blank!”
This has been happening across the campus, in some cases, when a report has been run in PDF. PDF is the preferred format, in most cases, unless of course your computer settings will not allow you to view it! When this happens, the short term fix is to “Reschedule” the report, but change the format to “Microsoft Word (97-2003)”, then Schedule (in the bottom right corner). This format should pop right open, once it is complete.
The longer term fix is to run the Adobe Updater – please contact the helpdesk for assistance. Contact information is available in the Contact Us section of this page.
Changing Preferences Quick Guide available now!
To GCC's BOExi Support site. We hope you will take a moment to browse our site and become familiar with the variety of support resources. This site is a "work-in-progress" and we would appreciate your input. Want more information, a specific guide, or just want to ask a question, please email us at BOExi.email@example.com
FAQs are presented below. The Useful Links section of this page provides additional resources. If you do not find the answer in the FAQs below, please check out these resources. if you do not find the answer you need in these resources. Plese feel free to email us or request a workorder. We would be pleased to help you
What is BOExi and how do I get an account?
BOExi stands for Business Object Enterprise version xi (11). If you have not yet taken the FERPA Tutorial, you will need to complete that first. It can be found at the top of the BOExi login page. Once that is completed, then your Department Chair, Dean, Director, (or their designee), will need to submit a workorder to GCC’s Helpdesk (including the type of access needed).
WARNING - TRAFFIC JAM!
Please note the District office updates their data (e.g. – SIS) overnight. Occasionally, this process can take longer than usual to finish. While these updates are running, report requests are placed in a limited queue to run after all updates have finished.To avoid this occasional “morning traffic jam”, run your reports after 10:00 am or sometime in the afternoon, during non-peak times. When checking the status of your report (History), it may be necessary to refresh the page by clicking the refresh button
It just won't print!!!
You are probably double-clicking the report name and are running it in preview mode.
To ensure your report will run correctly and be available for viewing/printing:
- Right-click the report’s name.
- Select Schedule from the pop-up menu.
- Set the parameters one at a time, ensuring all parameters are set.
- Click the Schedule button located in the lower right corner of the screen.
Do have to set the parameters every time?
- Single-click on the report title, then right-click the title.
- Select History.
- Find the desired report instance. Please check the corresponding instance time, instance title and run by columns to ensure you are running the desired report.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Actions (near the top left) and select Reschedule. You will see YOUR list of parameters previously entered, and you can change anyone (or more) of those, or none at all.
- Click the Schedule button located in the lower right corner of your screen.
Do you have more FAQs?
YES! FAQs can be found in both BOExi guides. Links to these guides are available in the Useful Links section of this webpage.
What if my question is not included in one of the BOExi guides?
Please email us at BOExi.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to assist you.