How Do I Access eGCC's Wireless Networks?
Want to browse the Internet on your own wireless-equipped PDA, tablet PC or laptop while... in the Student Union?
- under a tree?
- in the Counseling and Career Services Building?
- inside or outside the High Tech Centers?
- in the grass by Physical Sciences?
- and lots of other places?
- for FREE?!
GCCwifi provides a secure and functional wireless network for faculty, staff, and students. The following documents outline who can use the wireless network, how to access the eGCC Guest Wireless, as well as technical information on how to connect and use our campus resources through the network.
If you have any questions or would like to report a problem please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is Eligible?
GCC employees and currently enrolled GCC students.
GCCwifi - General Specifications:
|Challenge handshake authentication protocol:||MS-Chap Version 2|
| Domain Name:
|Network Authentication:||WPA2 or WPA - Enterprise|
- Use the above specifications to configure your device. If needed, please view configuration guides below.
- Select GCCwifi from the available networks list and verify that Connect Always is selected.
- Enter your eGCC username and password in the login screen.
- After connecting, you are ready to GCCwifi.
After this initial set-up process, you will be able launch your favorite browser and explore the internet without the repeated need to login to our GCC wireless network. If you change your eGCC password, you will need to repeat the initial login process to renew your access to GCCwifi.
- If you are using your computer’s proprietary networking software (e.g. Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) to connect to GCCwifi. Please consult your manufacture for detailed instructions.
- One additional step you can take to enhance your laptop's security: Set your network location to 'Public'.
- If you are using your computer’s operating system to connect to GCCwifi, basic configuration guides are provided below:
|Windows 7 Manual Configuration||.rtf|
|Windows Vista Manual Configuration||.rtf|
|Windows XP (SP3)||.rtf|
| MAC (10.4 or greater is recommended)
eGCC Guest Wireless...
GCC offers an unsecured guest wireless account to visitors to the campus. Guides, complete with screen shots, are available. Both .pdf and .rtf formats are available. Click the desired method and format type to view the guide.
MAC Users: Please assure all Airport updates have been installed prior to connecting to GCCwifi.
|Software (Airport) Update Guide||.rtf|
rtf (Download) rtf stands for "Rich Text Format". This is the preferred, standardized/universal format that's readable by various programs, regardless of the operating system.
pdf (Download) - Use Adobe Reader to open this. Note that although the images may appear to not be clear, the images should print just fine. Don't have it? Get Adobe Reader for free.
Your internal wireless card is not activated. Please look at your laptop and look for a button with the symbol like the one on the right, or a little switch that has the symbol next to it. Ensure that the button is glowing (newer laptop models) or that the switch is set to the "on" position. (If you are still having difficulties, please consult you manufacturer's instructions.)
- Your external wireless card isn't plugged in correctly or your card needs to be enabled. To enable it, usually you just need to go to the Start Menu, go to "Settings" and select "Open Network Connections". Then double-click on the icon for the Wireless card to enable it. If the card is disabled, the icon in the "Network Connections" window will be grayed out. (If you are still having difficulties, please consult you manufacturer's instructions.)