Testing Services is located in the Student Services Building (Building C) Room C-118.
Testing Services provides academic testing to assist students with proper course placement. Students will be required to complete placement assessments under the following conditions:
- The student is taking his or her first college credit English, Reading, and/or Math course, or any college course for which English, Reading, or Math is a prerequisite.
- The student is pursuing a degree and does not have current valid district approved placement assessment on file or does not have previous college credit in English, Reading, or Math.
- The student does not have a high school diploma or GED, and is applying for federal financial aid. Prior to testing you must acquire a student ID number by registering on http://my.maricopa.edu.
- All testing services require the individual to have a valid photo ID.
Before testing, a student should complete sample questions at the following web site and then watch the iStartSmart video.
- Accuplacer: http://accuplacer-test.com/
- TestSoup: http://www.gccaz.testsoup.com/
- iStartSmart Video:
Assessment Retest Policy: The student shall be permitted no more than one retest per discipline (after a 24 hour waiting period) per 12 months. One year from the student's original or retest assessment at any MCCD assessment site. Scores are valid for 2 years. If EXEMPT from CRE101 always exempt, these scores do not expire. If you exceed the policy your test scores will be invalid and not posted in our system.
Accuplacer: (untimed) computer test
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 1:00 pm|
Faculty Make-up Testing: pencil/paper test
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|All test must be turned in by the end time of that day. (M-R 6:50pm and F 4:00pm)|