Excellence in Action 2016
Get College Credit for Your High School Classes
Choose dual enrollment and get a head start on college.
Dual enrollment is a great idea for eligible high school juniors and seniors who want to earn college credit for taking high school classes. Students at participating schools can earn Maricopa Community College credit for classes, and upon graduation, transfer those credits to GCC or to a four-year university.
Why do high school students like the GCC dual enrollment program?
- You can complete college-level classes right at your own high school;
- Learn in a familiar and comfortable environment with teachers you already know;
- then, transition those credits easily to college;
- perhaps even bypass AP tests to earn college credits.
- While you’re enrolled, you can use the college library, computer labs and online library resources. Steps for Dual Enrollment
Maricopa Grant Application is now closed. Spring 2017 application will post January 3, 2017
- GET ADMITTED - Create MEID Account and Apply for Admission Online
- Submit Identification - log onto Maricopa.edu/submit-id
- see Course Testing & Prerequisites Guidelines (.pdf) (See practice tests)
- Activate Student Email
- Foster youth toolkit
- Maricopa Dual Enrollment Flier
- Maricopa Community Colleges 2016 Career Guide
- GCC Student Catalog and Student Handbook for all students
- See how your college credits including AP, CLEP and IB transfer to Arizona's three state universities
- Learn more about CTE offerings with dual enrollment opportunities at your high school, see Arizona's Programs of Study.
- For more transfer information, see Transfer Partners
Mon. - Fri. 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mon. - Thurs. 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.