Excellence in Action 2016
Get College Credit for Your High School Classes
Choose dual enrollment and get a head start on college.
Dual enrollment is a great idea for eligible high school juniors and seniors who want to earn college credit for taking high school classes. Students at participating schools can earn Maricopa Community College credit for classes, and upon graduation, transfer those credits to GCC or to a four-year university.
Why do high school students like the GCC dual enrollment program?
- You can complete college-level classes right at your own high school;
- Learn in a familiar and comfortable environment with teachers you already know;
- then, transition those credits easily to college;
- perhaps even bypass AP tests to earn college credits.
- While you’re enrolled, you can use the college library, computer labs and online library resources. Steps for Dual Enrollment
Maricopa Grant Application is now closed. Fall 2017 application will post August 1, 2017.
- GET ADMITTED - Create MEID Account and Apply for Admission Online
- Student Admission Application (.pdf) If you are unable to Apply for Admission online, complete this form and submit to the Dual Enrollment Office
- Submit your proof of identification
- See Dual Enrollment course prerequisites (.pdf) (See practice tests) Test Prep Workshop
- Activate your student email account
- Foster youth toolkit
- If you are or were in foster care, there are funding opportunities to help pay your college expenses. For more information go to Education Training Vouchers
- Maricopa Dual Enrollment Flier
- Maricopa Community Colleges 2016 Career Guide
- GCC Student Catalog and Student Handbook for all students
- See how your college credits transfer to Arizona's three state universities
- See how your AP, CLEP and IB credits transfer to Arizona's three state universities
- Learn more about CTE offerings with dual enrollment opportunities at your high school, see Arizona's Programs of Study.
- For more transfer information, see Transfer Partners
Mon. - Fri. 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mon. - Thurs. 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.