Sign Language Interpreting

Students Who Need a Sign Language Interpreter for Classes

If you need a sign language interpreter to assist you in classes please begin the request process at least four weeks prior to the start of class:

  1. Request sign language interpreting accommodations using DRS Connect and upload your medical disability documentation (audiogram) four weeks prior to the start of the semester. 

  2. Admit yourself to GCC as a new student, take placements tests, then register for classes at  If you are new and need an interpreter, please contact MaryJane Nichols, Supervisor of Interpreting Services for the Deaf, or VP (480) 525-6472.

  3. Apply for FAFSA, VR or set up a payment plan to pay your tuition. Interpreters will be hired after tuition has been paid.

  4. General questions may also be emailed to Also, see the interpreter request form below.

Requesting a Sign Language Interpreter for a Single Event

Students and members of the community may request a sign language interpreter for a single college-related event or activity (such as a field trip or a public performance on campus).
Complete the Request an Interpreter online form. Requests must be received at least seven days prior to the event.

Deaf Student Responsibilities

Students who use sign language interpreters at Glendale Community College are advised to:

  • Submit your request for classroom interpreters four weeks prior to the start of class;

  • Contact the Supervisor of Interpreting Services if you will be late or absent from class;

  • Communicate with your instructor about your educational needs. If you don't tell them, they won't know!

  • Contact the DRS for assistance with other college services.


Building: Administration (A)
Phone: (623) 845-3080
Fax: (623) 845-3273
Hours of Operation


Mon. - Thurs. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fri. 9  a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


Mon. - Thurs. 8 a.m. - 5  p.m.