Promotes the professional development of psychology students through promotion and recognition of excellence in scholarship, leadership, research, and community service.
The Psychology Club and Psi Beta National Honor Society work in tandem to serve the needs of GCC students interested in psychology. Any student may join the Psychology Club. Students who have met the requirements for membership in the National Honor Society in Psychology for Community & Junior Colleges may join Psi Beta. Psi Beta's mission is the professional development of psychology students through promotion and recognition of excellence in scholarship, leadership, research, and community service. Psi Beta is an affiliate of the American Psychological Association and Association for Psychological Scienceand a member of the Association of College Honor Societies.
You can learn more about Psi Beta by visiting http://www.psibeta.org.
PSYCHOLOGY CLUB & PSI BETA MEMBERSHIP
Any student interested in Psychology may be a member of the Psychology Club. During meetings and events there is no distinction made between Psychology Club members and Psi Beta members. However, funding to attend the Western Psychological Association Convention is available only to Psi Beta members.
Membership criteria for Psi Beta, the National Honor Society in Psychology for Community & Junior Colleges:
- Enrolled at Glendale Community College.
- Rank in the top 35% of their class or have an overall GPA of 3.0, and have at least a "B" average in psychology.
- Have completed at least one semester of a psychology course.
- Have completed at least 12 semester hours of college credit.
- Have demonstrated a genuine interest in psychology and high standards of personal behavior and integrity.
- Have been approved by the chapter and received a written invitation to membership.
- Have signed a completed membership registration card accepting Psi Beta's bylaws and policies.
- Have paid the once-in-a-lifetime national registration fee of $50 and the $5 GCC fee.