Outstanding DebtsOutstanding debts with any Maricopa Community College should be taken very seriously.
Students are expected to be responsible for all of their financial obligations to the college. Failure to return library books or other college property or equipment, failure to pay parking tickets, failure to pay tuition, course fees or student loans, and failure to reimburse the college for checks written on insufficient fund accounts will result in a hold being placed on student records.
- Outstanding balances prohibit release of grades, release of transcripts or registration for classes at any MCCCD college. You will not be able to access your online student account.
- Uncleared debts may be referred to a collection agency and can affect your credit rating.
- Partial payments are accepted for outstanding debts, however, the above restrictions apply until the account is paid in full.
- If you have an outstanding debt with the Department of Education, the above restrictions apply. You may contact them at 800-621-3115.
- If you do not pay your outstanding balance, it will be withheld from your Arizona state taxes until the balance is paid in full. There is a processing fee associated with this measure.
Administrative Policies regarding debt can be found here: Administritive Regulation 2.9