Career AssessmentsCareer assessment tests are tools that help us learn about ourselves, and help to clarify and explore career options. There is no pass/fail element to these assessments. Career & Counseling Services offers several assessments:
Strong Interest Inventory - This assessment measures interests, not abilities, and will compare your likes and dislikes to people who are satisfied in specific careers. Provides insight about interests, career motivators, skills confidence, and personal style as well as provides career options.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - The MBTI helps you identify your personality type based on preferences within four categories. Results provide personal awareness and identify the careers that will serve as an outlet for your most natural self.
COPS(California Occupational Preference System) - A brief inventory of interests providing measurement of job activity preferences in terms of fourteen clusters of related occupations. Questions are based on job activity descriptions. This test helps to define interests in terms of occupational areas and helps to identify career options.
StrengthsQuest - StrengthsQuest is Gallup's strengths development program for college-age students based Positive Psychology. It gives students the opportunity to develop based on their strengths rather than their weaknesses. In other words, it helps students learn what they do best, then build their lives on those talents. With StengthsQuest, students can:
- discover and develop their greatest talents
- use their strengths to improve their grades and increase their learning
- strategically determine a rewarding career path
- focus on their strengths rather than their weaknesses
|Strong Interest Inventory||$16.00||$20.00|
|Myers-Briggs Type Indicator||$11.00||$15.00|
- Make an appointment in the Counseling Department or call (623)845-3064. A counselor will evaluate your needs, will recommend the appropriate assessment(s), and provide guidelines for completing the assessment(s). It takes approximately 1/2 hour to complete each assessment.
- Pay for and complete the assessment(s).
- Call (623)845-3064 once you have completed your assessment(s) and schedule a follow up appointment. The counselor will help you with further steps in the career development process.