Computer Aided Drafting/Design (CAD)
Degrees & Certificates
Get the training you need to start a career doing work you enjoy! In the CAD Technology program students learn current skills and software tools needed to find entry-level jobs in architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical or civil engineering, landscape architecture and interior design.
Whether you are new to computer-aided design, or need to brush up on the latest AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D, Solidworks or 3DStudioMax software, you'll find CAD Technology classes to fit your needs.
The advantages to taking CAD classes at GCC include:
- Hands-on training in current computer software and BIM philosophy used by industry,
- Knowledge of drafting standards and principles expected by employers,
- Skills in Computer Aided Modeling for 2D and 3D presentations valued by the design industry,
- Advanced courses and certificate programs to increase productivity skills and leverage for advancement,
- An Associate Degree recognized by employers and colleges across the U.S., and
- Portfolio development, internships and career work experience to help you get employment.
Who Hires CAD Technology Graduates?
Here are just a few companies in Phoenix who have hired our grads:
CAD Course Check Sheets
|AAS - CAD Technology||CCL - CAD Application||CCL - CAD Fundamentals|
CAD Program Courses
|CAD 100||Fundamentals of 2D Autocad|
|CAD 101||Elements of CAD Graphics|
|CAD 105||Fundamentals of Revit Architecture|
|CAD 145||Survey of CAD|
|CAD 155||Advanced 2D CAD Techniques|
|CAD 167||Architectural Drawings I (Revit): Residential CAD|
|CAD 175||Manufacturing Modeling|
|CAD 186||Site Development I|
|CAD 201||Three-Dimensional (3D) Modeling and Advanced CAD Techniques|
|CAD 215||Three-Dimensional AutoCAD Modeling|