Factory-Sponsored Automotive Apprenticeship Programs
- Attend college classes eight (8) weeks of each 16-week semester.
- Students must be hired by a dealership as a technician apprentice before enrolling in classes. (we will help potential students with the interview process and steer them to dealerships that have already agreed to sponsor apprentices).
- Remain with the same dealership throughout the two year program and after graduation.
- Work full-time in a paid technician apprenticeship for eight (8) weeks of each college semester, during the break between semesters and during the summer, beginning right after high school graduation. The income potential within two years of graduation is approximately $40,000 per year.
- Upon graduation, the technician apprenticeship becomes a full-time automotive technician position with your sponsoring dealership.
- Graduate with the skills you need to launch a successful career in the automotive industry with an earning potential of approximately $50,000.
Qualifications for application
- Age 18 or over at the time of first dealership work assignment.
- A high school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Sponsored by a General Motors, Ford or Lincoln-Mercury, or Chrysler dealership (determined after the interview process is complete).
While no tools are necessary to begin the program, students will need to accumulate a basic set of hand tools. Costs vary from approximately $1,000 to $1,500, depending on options and brands selected.