Nurse Assisting (CCL)
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Nurse Assisting prepares students for entry level employment in various health care settings as a nursing assistant. The program combines classroom instruction with clinical laboratory, skilled care and acute care experiences. Students who complete the program are eligible to take a written and practical certification examination and work as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Licensing requirements are the exclusive responsibility of the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
The MCCD Nurse Assisting Program is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
Formal acceptance to the program is required. Download the Course Check Sheet and see a program advisor for details.
This program is not currently eligible for federal financial aid.
You must obtain a grade of "C" or better in NUR158 to be eligible for nursing assistant certification in Arizona.
- Students must submit a completed Health and Safety Documentation Checklist and maintain current status throughout the program.
- Students must submit CPR card for Health Care Provider and maintain current status throughout the program.
- Admission to an Allied Health program requires that students be in compliance with the Maricopa County Community College District Supplemental Background Check policy. Program applications will not be accepted without a copy of an Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card. Upon conditional program admission, the student must comply with all requirements of the current MCCCD background check policy.
- Health Provider Signature Form signed by a licensed health care provider.
- Negative urine drug screen.
Recommended Course Sequence
|Semester I||6 Credits||Grade||Sem/Year|
Prerequisites: (A grade of "C" or better in RDG091 or higher RDG reading course or eligibility for CRE101 as indicated by appropriate reading placement test score, or HESI-A2 exam English Composite score of 75% or higher) AND (a grade of "C" or better in MAT082, or eligibility for MAT090 or higher as indicated by appropriate math placement test score, or HESI-A2 exam Math score of 75% or higher). Must meet pass status on MCCD Background Check, and submit required health and safety documentation.
|NUR 158||Nurse Assisting||6|