Published for the Employees and Friends of Glendale Community College
· August 2011
Gaucho Gazette > August 2011
> Administrative Services
Cruising to Parking Solutions
Due to GCC's increased enrollment this fall, again parking spaces on campus will be at a premium, especially the first few weeks of the semester. In an effort to ease potential traffic congestion, here are a few suggestions from Deb Palok, director of Public Safety.
- Park in employee parking; don't take up a student space.
- Carpool with another employee or sign up for carpool parking and receive your very own reserved parking space.
- If you are unable to find a space in the area in which you are accustomed to parking, remember that there are designated employee spaces in all of the parking lots. Think of it as an opportunity to explore the campus plus get some exercise.
- Discuss a flex work schedule with your supervisor so you can arrive before the crunch.
- Rather than spending your time and energy trying to find that one coveted parking space in the south lots, go directly to the north lots and you'll have your choice of parking in the north 40.
- Use public transportation. Two major bus lines border the campus.
- Enroll in afternoon classes when parking is more readily available.
- Sign up for student carpool parking and have your choice of a prime parking space close to your classes!
Stop by Public Safety for a carpooling form. Call 623-845-3535 for more information.